What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is a developmental partnership through which each person shares knowledge, skills, information, and perspective to foster the personal and professional growth of someone else.
A mentoring relationship is unique to the individuals involved. The mentor and mentee have the responsibility and freedom to structure the relationship.
Why Get Involved?
We recognize that alumni and friends of Mizzou are an amazing resource for current students. This online platform allows students and alumni of all different backgrounds to form meaningful connections regardless of participants' geographic location.
Mentoring goes beyond the workplace. Think about mentoring relationships in a new and creative way. Do you have a shared interest in a campus organization? Are you from a small town and need guidance on navigating Mizzou's campus? Are you interested in moving out of state upon graduation and looking to meet your Mizzou extended family in your new home? The possibilities are endless. By becoming involved as a mentor or mentee and engaging with fellow Tigers, you are Making Mizzou Stronger.
Benefits of Mentoring
- Transferring and sharing experiences and knowledge.
- Identifying and shaping future leaders and teaching others how to mentor.
- Serving as a role model.
- Increasing diversity and overall creativity.
- Improving utilization of collegian's unique talent and potential.
- Strengthening capabilities.
- An expanded personal and professional network.
- A sounding board for testing ideas and plans.
- Positive and constructive feedback on professional and personal development.
- Increased self-awareness and self-discipline.